- Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
- February 22 , 2019 - February 23 , 2019
Join more than 1,500 industry professionals and homeowner volunteer leaders – along with over 200 exhibitors – for the most comprehensive 2-day event for community associations in the state of Illinois!
This year’s CAI-IL Condo – HOA Conference & Expo will offer education sessions on legal updates, innovative trends, hot topics, and industry best practices, as well as opportunities to share, learn, network, and discuss challenges and solutions. Come and learn to “Gear Up Your Community”
Who Should Attend?
- Community Association Managers;
- Management company executives;
- Product and service providers;
- Association board members;
- Association unit owners; and
- Anyone involved in making decisions in your community association.
- More than 200 exhibitors meet 1,500+ attendees — Network with fellow homeowners, board members, managers, service providers and more! Get ideas, find new suppliers and make great connections — all in one great location!
- Two days of education — Up to 9.5 hours of continuing education credit are available!
- 7+ hours of exhibit-only time — You’ll never have to choose between attending a great session and visiting the exhibit hall.
- Networking Reception — Make new connections and visit with old friends during our three-hour networking reception taking place in the exhibit hall during exhibit hours on Friday night.
- Free mobile app — Plan your day with session information and a guide to the expansive exhibit hall
General Conference Information
|DAY ONE||Friday, February 22, 2019|
|10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||Exhibitor Load In|
|12:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Registration Open|
|1:00 PM – 1:45 PM||Steering Your Board into Effective Meetings (Manager)|
|1:00 PM – 1:45 PM||“It’s not what you say but how you say it”
Effective Communication and Emotional Intelligence (Manager)
|1:30 PM – 4:00 PM||Understanding Financials: Budgets, Reserves, & Reports (DCAL / Homeowner Leader)|
|2:00 PM – 2:45 PM||The Condominium and Common Interest Community Ombudsperson Act (Manager)|
|2:00 PM – 2:45 PM||Are you sure that’s Ethical? A Managers Guide of Do’s and Don’ts (Manager)|
|2:45 PM – 3:45 PM||Network or Grind to a Halt: Strategies for Cruising Through Industry Social Events|
|3:00 PM – 3:45 PM||The What, Why and How of risk management and loss control (Manager)|
|3:00 PM – 3:45 PM||The Science of Vendor Selection - A Practical Approach (Manager)|
|4:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Exhibit Hall / Networking Reception|
|DAY TWO||Saturday, February 23, 2019|
|8:30 AM – 1:00 PM||Registration Open|
|8:30 AM – 10:00 AM||Legal, Legislative, & Case Law Update|
|10:00 AM – 10:15 AM||DCAL Recognition|
|10:15 AM – 10:45 AM||Annual Meeting|
|10:45 AM – 11:15 AM||Ice Damns: A hot topic – it’s about the heat and not the ice|
|10:45 AM – 11:15 AM||Reserve Studies: Make it work for you|
|11:00 AM - 12:30 PM||Buffet Lunch|
|11:45 AM – 12:15 AM||Building Codes: recent changes & frequently asked questions|
|1:00 PM – 2:00 PM||Association Security for the 21st Century: Finances, fingerprints, & fakers|
|1:00 PM – 2:00 PM||Preventing fraud and asset misappropriation|
|1:00 PM – 2:30 PM||Shifting into high gear: Homeowner & Industry Leader Connection (homeowner leader)|
|1:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Exhibitor Break Down and Move Out (No Breakdown Before 1:00pm)|
|2 weeks after conference||Saturday, March 9, 2019|
|8:30 AM – 11:30 AM||General Education|
Hilton Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
5550 N. River Road
Phone: (800) HILTONS
$108.00/night + Tax
Free Parking one car per room
Reservation deadline to secure negotiated rate: February 1, 2019
Reference Community Associations Institute of Illinois (CAI) when making your reservation.Booking
Homeowner/Board Member/Manager Attendee Information
- Registration for three(3) booth reps, per 10×10 booth, that includes networking reception taking place in the exhibit hall during exhibit hours on Friday night and lunch on Saturday
- Company listing in our Mobile App and website
- Company listing in the 2019 Conference Book. All conference attendees receive one. Dependent on commitment date.
- Convenient drive up and drive in loading/unloading of exhibit materials.
- Complimentary runners to assist with load in/load out.
- Promotional marketing materials to send to your current and prospective clients to help you drive booth traffic.
- Post-show attendee mail list (no emails) provided to exhibitors who complete the 2019 Exhibitor evaluation.
- Extensive web marketing and social media efforts to bring you more attendees.
- Complimentary sign with company name and booth furnishing to include one 6′ skirted table, two chairs, and a wastebasket.
- Sponsorship and Advertising opportunities to increase your visibility.
|October 23||Diamond Partners|
|October 25||Platinum Partners|
|October 31||Annual Partners|
|November 8||CAI Members|
|November 14||Open Registration|