The value of a CAI membership continues to become invaluable. The level of services and expertise you receive is second to none!
Explore the following benefits our Chapter offers to all members, whether you are an individual homeowner, a community manager, or a professional selling to and servicing the industry.
CAI-IL Membership Benefits
The Illinois Chapter’s quarterly magazine is one of the premier resources for community association information in Illinois. Each issue contains:
- Timely articles on community association issues and local legislature updates
- Classified directory of association service providers
- Upcoming events
Common Ground is CAI’s award-winning bi-monthly publication. CAI also publishes specialized newsletters such as:
- Ledger Quarterly
- Community Management
- Board Briefs
- Law Reporter
Members receive discounts on all the latest CAI publications, reports, brochures, and other references.
Don’t miss the knowledge provided in the GAP series of publications, essential to any community association library, with topics that include:
- Roles of the Board Officers
- Drafting Rules
All members receive a free copy of our annual Membership Directory. The directory is a handy guide for community decision-makers which includes the only comprehensive listing of:
- Community Association Volunteer Leaders
- Community Association Managers
- Business Professionals
- Maintenance Providers
- A valuable network of associations and professionals can provide you with cutting-edge information and resources to assist you and your Board in effectively running your association.
- High-value advertising space available in the Chapter Directory & magazine
- Gain exposure by writing industry-related articles for submission into our magazine
- Chapter Website with up to the minute information and interactive opportunities.
- Free information and referral services for problem-solving and difficult questions.
- Leadership Development, Board training, and orientation programs
- More than 25 years of reference publications and GAPs available for purchase or preview in the Chapter’s library.
- Sponsorship packages for all size business or associations, designed to assist you in maximizing your valuable marketing dollars.
CAI offers designation programs for Community Association Managers and Volunteer Leaders. Through these programs, associations are able to identify skilled, highly-trained individuals and companies. Programs include:
- PMDP program for managers
- Credits for State of IL Manager Licensing
- DCAL program for association volunteers
- Educated Business Partner distinction
CAI provides affordable, top-notch educational seminars and webinars, covering relevant issues facing community association leaders and managers. Such topics include:
- Budgets & Reserves
- Rules & Regulations
- Essentials for Association Leaders
- Much, much more!
CAI provides the most comprehensive community association educational event that gives attendees the flexibility to participate in several informational seminars.
Visit the exhibit hall to meet with industry contractors, manufacturers, professionals, and consultants to find out what new and innovative products and services are available to community associations.
Membership gatherings provide an opportunity to interact with other members. CAI offers large and small events throughout the year. Some events include:
- Conference Networking Reception
- Summer Social
- Excellence Awards & Winter Gala
- Member Breakfasts & Open Houses
- Impromptu Social Events
To get the most out of your CAI membership, consider joining a committee. You will have the opportunity to work with others while learning from and connecting with industry peers.
Committee volunteer members consistently express that their committee involvement has been one of the most rewarding parts of their CAI Membership.
CAI has committees which help with:
- Marketing, Membership, Magazine
- Conference, Social, Golf
- Education, Homeowner Forum
- Finance Legislation
The Chapter has a very active legislative presence and strives to keep the membership informed by including legislative information in Common Interest magazine, as well as offering Legal Update seminars to summarize the current and anticipated legislative issues, locally and nationally.
Did you know that CAI is the only National organization that lobbies for the rights of association residents?