- CAI – Illinois Chapter Office
- April 12 , 2018 - April 13 , 2018
- 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Learn how to best manage your association’s money.
This course gives you the tools to understand and apply the principles of financial management to your community association. You’ll learn the entire budget process, from identifying line items to reconciling accounts to gaining board approval. You’ll also learn how to analyze and report on association finances. Topics include:
- Developing, managing and balancing budgets
- Financial planning processes
- Replacement reserves and basic investment principles
- Accrual and fund accounting
- Analyzing financial reports and records
- Using budgets and financial reports as management tools
- Participant guide
- Flash drive with bonus readings and materials
- CAI Guide for Association Practitioners: The Board Treasurer
- 2 days | 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM both days
- A multiple choice examination is given at the end of the class.
- Online Format: 4-6 hours to complete the course plus 4 hours of study via reading assignments. Students have 4 months—120 days from purchase date—to complete the course and take the 60-minute exam to receive credit.